We welcome 2021
This year we all had to accept that our daily routines, going to work, welcoming retreatants and friends to Minsteracres, sending the children to school, meeting up with friends and going to the gym, changed overnight and we were all of a sudden staying at home and not being able to leave.
The lockdown and learning more about the virus continued for what I felt a very long eight months, sometimes feeling fine about it all as I was spending all my time outdoors in the walled garden and being surrounded by acres of land believing this was good for me and I had little to worry about.
Four months in and suddenly, I felt restricted in not being able to go to a café, take photographs, meet up with friends and the hardest one of all, visit my parents.
I struggled with this feeling of unsettlement for a longish period and had to work out a way for me to get through this time, acknowledging that it is ok not to be ok. This combined with accepting I had also made the biggest change in moving from London to the North East.
Having reflected on this year and looking ahead into next year, I would like to share with you my /our vision and hopes for 2021.
- Return the Heartbeat to Minsteracres & promote the Retreat Programme and facilities. Enjoy Minsteracres once again thriving with visitors, friends and everyone able to enjoy the hospitality we pride ourselves on.
- Welcoming Friends of the community to visit the garden during our opening times or at another jointly agreed time and be part of our team.
- Play a pivotal part in supporting us to grow as an eco-community within the Walled Garden and achieve our vision.
- We plan further outreach to the local community and those living on the margins of society.
- I aim to progress with my photography and enjoy completing mini projects in the beautiful Northumberland countryside.
- We hope to strengthen our ties with the main house community, staff and volunteers.
- Personally, I have enjoyed my twice-weekly runs with Lorraine, my running buddy and hope to join a local running club in the new year.
From the Eco-Community bubble to yours, warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. May peace, love, and prosperity follow you always.
Stay safe and take care.