Resources for retreats
Minsteracres Retreat Centre welcomes bookings from groups, and is used regularly by a wide range of organisations for weekends, mid-week events or away-days. We offer the use of:
- The Ballroom for groups up to 90 people. A magnificent room with a wood-burning stove.
- The Parlour for groups up to 30 people. Another magnificent room with a wood-burning stove.
- The Retreat House Lounge (with wood-burning stove) or Lecture room, each of which can accommodate 55 people
- The Library for groups up to 25
- The Bethany suite for groups up to 20 which also includes tea and coffee making facilities and a microwave oven.
- The Youth Centre for younger age groups more interested in adventure and less concerned with comfort. For example Schools, Scouts, Guides, have used us for many years.
- A beautiful chapel with the use of a keyboard.
- Various prayer spaces
- 100 acres of grounds, parkland and woodland in the beautiful Northumberland countryside. We have a number of walks for all abilities. Have a look at our Visitor’s Map for more information.
- Accommodation for up to 84 people across the Main House and Retreat House depending on combination of singles/doubles/twin rooms
And resources such as:
- Multi-media projector (£25 per day)
- Lap top (£25 per day)
- Flip chart and pens (free of charge)
- TVs, DVD and CD players (free of charge)
Groups can book the whole retreat centre (up to 55 bedrooms for up to 84 persons depending on combinations) for any available weekend or midweek period. There is further space in the Youth Centre for up to 36 people in comfortable self-catering accomodation.
Most groups arrange their own programmes, but community and staff can provide some input, if required. This would need to be discussed as early as possible before booking.
If you would like to make a group booking or you are organising your own event please email us or call us on 01434 673 248 and we will be happy to discuss your arrangements with you.
Since we have to refuse other guests when a group has booked the Main House or Retreat House or a large part of either we have found it necessary to have a booking/cancellation policy whereby we request a 25% non-returnable deposit at the time of booking. We also require the full payment (non-returnable) 4 weeks before the booked dates.
(Groups may like to consider arranging their own cancellation insurance).
If you have any queries please let us know: